The benefits of chiropractic care for neck and back pain are well known. Millions of Americans rely on chiropractors to treat common aches and pains, but did you know that chiropractic care is excellent for athletes as well. At rehabFX, we always stress the benefits of visiting a sports medicine chiropractor when it comes to active people. In this post, we have six reasons why you should see a chiropractor for sports related injuries.
1. First things first, a chiropractor can help with general wellness. If you are into running or a gym rat, you need to maintain your fitness level and keep injuries to a minimum. Just like aligning and balancing the tires on your car every 5,000 miles, your body needs the same “tune-up” from time to time. You will see a noticeable difference in your overall fitness levels.
2. A sports medicine chiropractorspecializes in injuries related to sports. As a result of them being familiar with the mechanism of injury associated with various sports, they can quickly and efficiently pinpoint the problem, diagnose it and quickly get to work on treatment so you can recover. Potentially all this done while avoiding painkillers and other drugs.
3. As mentioned above, sports chiropractors understand specific injuries and can help with swift healing. Chiropractors also use alternate healing treatments, such as ARPWave therapy, cold laser therapy and spinal decompression.
4. If you train too hard, your body bears the toll, and you will see a significant difference in your overall performance levels. Consistent “tune-ups” with your chiropractor can improve your performance considerably.
5. One of the other benefits of chiropractic care is prevention of injuries. Some athletes are either prone to injuries or play dangerous sports, which is why regular sessions are important. Most sport teams have in-house chiropractors to assist their athletes with fitness and physical wellness.
6. Among the other benefits is your chiropractor will make sure your body is as symmetrical as possible, which makes your more efficient and less injury prone. They do this by making sure your spine is as straight as possible. For example, if you have right or left spine curvature (ie. scoliosis) then it is conceivable that one shoulder is higher than the other. If you do bench presses, military presses or even push-ups, you are putting undo stress on one or both shoulders. Also, if you are a runner and not know if your leg length is symmetrical then you are running inefficiently and are prone to back, hip, leg, knee and foot injuries. A chiropractor will perform a bone length study to measure and determine if there’s a leg length inequality.
Talk to the experienced staff at rehabFXtoday to know more!
22 Thu ,Jun 2017
09 Fri ,Jun 2017
01 Thu ,Jun 2017
26 Fri ,May 2017
18 Thu ,May 2017